Welcome to HappyCredit! At HappyCredit, our vision is to simplify rewards and money for millions and millions of Indians who are embracing digital modes of paying and managing money. We are absolutely committed to protecting and securing all user information deploying best practices & standards.
- 1. GENERAL
- This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
- The domain namewww.happycredit.in, along with all its subdomains and sister websites ("Website"), and the corresponding mobile application ‘HappyCredit’ (“App”) are owned and operated by Cybergenes Innovations Pvt. Ltd., a private company limited by shares, registered under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013, and having its registered office at #677, 1st Floor, Suite 973, 13th Cross Road, 27th Main Road, Sector - 1, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560102, India, where such expression shall, unless repugnant to the context thereof, be deemed to include its respective representatives, administrators, employees, partners, officers, agents and their successors and assigns (“Company”).
- The term 'User' shall mean any legal person or entity accessing or using the services provided on this App, who is competent to enter into binding contracts, as per the provisions of the Indian Contract Act, 1872. For the purposes of these Terms, the gender neutral term ‘it’ shall be used to refer to Users of all genders.
- The terms ‘Party’ & ‘Parties’ shall respectively be used to refer to the User and the Company individually and collectively, as the context so requires.
- The headings of each section in this Policy are only for the purpose of organizing the various provisions under this Policy in an orderly manner, and shall not be used by either Party to interpret the provisions contained herein in any manner. Further, it is specifically agreed to by the Parties that the headings shall have no legal or contractual value.
- The User unequivocally agrees that this Policy read with the aforementioned Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between the User and the Company, and that the User shall be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms, and conditions applicable to any Service that is provided by the App, and that the same shall be deemed to be incorporated into this Policy, and shall be treated as part and parcel of the same. The User acknowledges and agrees that no signature or express act is required to make the Terms & Policy binding on the User, and that the User’s act of visiting any part of the App constitutes the User’s full and final acceptance of the same.
- The Company reserves the sole and exclusive right to amend or modify this Policy without any prior permission or intimation to the User, and the User expressly agrees that any such amendments or modifications shall come into effect immediately. The User has a duty to periodically check the Policy and stay updated on its requirements. If the User continues to use the App following such a change, the User will be deemed to have consented to any and all amendments / modifications made to the Policy. In so far as the User complies with this Policy, he/she is granted a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited privilege to enter and use the App, and avail of the Services (defined below) provided therein.
- The Website has been designed by the Company to assist the User by aggregating credit, debit, and cash card offers being offered by various banks, websites, and mobile applications, across various sectors, including without limitation travel, shopping, food & dining, entertainment, services, health and wellness, flowers, gifts and recharges, allowing Users to view all offers currently being offered, and thereby enabling the User to select the offer that best suits it, and further allowing the User to filter offers by bank, category, and stores (mobile applications, platforms, and websites). Users can click on any of the offers listed on the Website and will be redirected to the third-party website / application where it can make the purchase and avail of the offer in question. The Company has further developed the App to additionally provide Users with its ‘Aishback’ service - the opportunity to instantly earn cashback from purchases made through linked-credit cards, debit cards or UPI accounts (and wallets), which in turn may be transferred as credit to the User’s chosen bank account (“Cashback”). The User may also receive information about the offers delivered to them via email, text messages, and/or whatsapp, if the User so desires (collectively, the “Service”).
- 2. COLLECTION OF USER INFORMATION
- The User expressly agrees and acknowledges that the Company might collect and store the User’s personal information, which can be automatically tracked or provided by the User from time to time on the App, including but not limited to the User’s email address, name, address, location, financial transactions, device information, SMSs, age, date of birth, sex, nationality, shopping preferences, browsing history, payment and banking information, governmental identification numbers, etc., as well as any other information uploaded/published by the User on the App. The User is aware that this information will be used by the Company/App to provide Services and features targeted at the User, that are most likely to meet the User’s needs, and also to customize and improve the App to make its users’ experiences safer and easier.
- Prominent disclosure : We need SMS permission in the HappyCredit mobile app to share messages with our server. This helps us detect and approve your cashback quickly. No personal messages are read.
- The User is aware that the Company/App collects information relating to its use of the App through the use of various technologies. This includes transaction details related to the User’s use of the Company’s Services, including the type of Services the User requested, the payment method, amount and other related transactional and financial information. Further, depending on the rewards claimed by the User, the Company may also collect the order details, delivery information etc. Further, when the User visits the Company’s App, it may log certain information such as the User’s IP address, browser type, mobile operating system, manufacturer and model of the User’s mobile device, geolocation, preferred language, access time, and time spent. The Company will also collect information about the pages you view within the Company’s sites and other actions taken by the User while visiting the App.
- The Company may automatically track certain information about the User based upon the User’s IP address and the User’s behaviour on the App, and the User expressly consents to the same. The User is aware that this information is used to do internal research on user demographics, interests, and behaviour, to enable the Company/App to better understand, and cater to the interests of its users.
- The User is aware that any and all information pertaining to the User collected by the Company, whether or not directly provided by the User to the Company/App, including but not limited to personal correspondence such as emails or letters, may be collected and compiled by the Company/App into a file/folder specifically created for / allotted to the User, and the User hereby expressly consents to the same.
- The User is aware that while he/she can browse some sections of the App without being a registered user, certain Services (such as availing of Cashback, and receiving offers by text message, email, or whatsapp) require the User to provide valid personal information as well as provide certain device permissions to the Company/App for the purpose of registration and creating an account. The User is aware that the contact information provided to the Company/App may be used to send the User offers and promotions, whether or not based on the User’s previous orders and interests, and the User hereby expressly consents to receiving the same.
- The User is aware that some of the Company’s campaigns/programmes/related events may be co-branded, that is sponsored by both the third parties and the Company. If the User signs up for such campaigns/programmes/related events, it is aware that its information may also be collected by and shared with those third parties. The User is encouraged to familiarise itself with the third parties’ privacy policies to gain an understanding of the manner in which they will handle information about the User.
- The User is aware that the Company/App may occasionally request the User to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may require the User to provide contact information and demographic information (like pincode, age, income bracket, gender, etc.). The User is aware that this data to is used to customise the App for the benefit of the User, and providing all users of the App with products/services/content that the Company/App believes they might be interested in availing of, and also to display content according to the User’s preferences.
- The User is further aware that the Company/App may occasionally request the User to write reviews for the App / Service. The User is aware that such reviews will help other prospective users of the App make decisions with respect to availing of the Service, and also help the Company/App improve on the Services, and the User hereby expressly authorises the Company/App to publish any and all reviews written by the User, along with the User’s name and certain other details, for the benefit and use of other users of the App.
- Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to compel the App/Company to store, upload, publish, or display in any manner content/reviews/surveys/feedback submitted by the User, and the User hereby expressly authorises the App/Company to remove any such content, review, survey, or feedback submitted by the User, without cause or being required to notify the User of the same, at its sole discretion.
- 3. COOKIES
- The User is aware that a ‘Cookie’ is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser / device so it can later be traced back from that particular browser / device, and that cookies are useful for enabling the device to remember information specific to a given user, including but not limited to a user’s login identification, password, etc. The User is aware that the App places both permanent and temporary cookies in the User’s device, and does hereby expressly consent to the same.
- The User is further aware that the App uses data collection devices such as cookies on the App to help analyse web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety, and that certain features of the App are only available through the use of such cookies. While the User is free to decline the App’s cookies if the User’s device permits, the User may consequently be unable to use certain features on the App
- Additionally, the User is aware that he/she might encounter ‘cookies’ on the App that are placed by third parties, affiliates, or partners of the Company/App. The User expressly agrees and acknowledges that the Company/App does not control the use of such cookies by third parties, that the Company/App is in no way responsible for the same, and that the User assumes any and all risks in this regard.
- 4. USAGE OF INFORMATION
- The User is aware that the App/Company may share the User’s personal information with other corporate entities and affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of the App’s services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services, where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity.
- The User is aware that the App/Company may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if the App/Company in good faith believes that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes. The App/Company may also disclose the User’s personal information to law enforcement offices, third party rights owners, or other third parties if it believes that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the Terms or Policy; respond to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the rights of a third party; or protect the rights, property or personal safety of its users, or the general public.
- The User is further aware that the App/Company and its affiliates may share / sell some or all of the User’s personal information with other business entities should the Company/App (or its assets) plan to merge with, or be acquired by such business entity, or in the event of re-organization, amalgamation, or restructuring of the Company’s business. Such business entity or new entity will continue to be bound by the Terms and Policy, as may be amended from time to time.
- 5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- All information entered by the User when transacting on the App is encrypted with 256-bit encryption to protect the User against unintentional disclosure to third parties. The User’s credit and debit card information is not received, stored, or retained by the Company / App in any manner. The Company / App shall, however, in no manner whatsoever be responsible for the security of the User’s data/information on any partner web pages or links, even if the same are through legitimate links or redirects from the App.
- HappyCredit is hosted on a PCI compliant Virtual Private Cloud on Amazon Web Services which provides a secure and scalable technology platform.
- We also use a web application firewall, DDoS protection layer, and a content delivery network.
- We employ separation of environments and segregation of duties and have strict role-based access control of all resources.
- Our infrastructure is launched in compliance with the AWS best practices.
- We use data replication for data resiliency, snapshotting for data durability and backup/restore testing for data reliability.
- We use best in class solutions to monitor our services, release new builds and manage incidents.
- 6. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS / PROMOTIONS
The User is aware that the Company/App may use third-party advertising and related services to serve ads to the Users, including without limitation Google Ads and Google Analytics. The User is aware that these companies may use information relating to the User’s use of the App in order to provide customised advertisements to the User. Furthermore, the App may contain links to other websites / apps that may collect personally identifiable information about the User. The Company/App is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of the aforementioned linked Apps, and the User expressly acknowledges the same and agrees that any and all risks associated will be borne entirely by the User.
- 7. INFORMATION STORAGE
We store your data on HappyCredit App and use this to provide personalized rewards & useful insights and information related to their spends such as weekly spends in a month, insights related to spend behaviour, etc., and to provide information related to user spends, patterns and user data in the form of aggregated and anonymised statistics on data such as user spends by category, date, time, bank balances, etc.
If you would like to remove your account, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request for account deletion and also uninstall the app from your device to complete the process.
- 8. USER’S CONSENT
By using the App and/ or by providing information to the Company through the App, the User consents to the collection and use of the information disclosed by the User on the App in accordance with this Policy, including but not limited to the User’s consent to the Company/App sharing/divulging the User’s information, as per the terms contained hereinabove in Section 4 of the Policy.
- 9. GRIEVANCE OFFICER
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
(Cybergenes Innovations Pvt Ltd),
#677, 1st Floor, Suite 973, 13th Cross Road,
27th Main Road, Sector - 1, HSR Layout,
Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560102, India.
- 10. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
The Parties expressly agree that the Terms and Policy shall be governed by the laws, rules and regulations of India, and that the courts at Bengaluru, Karnataka, shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising between the Parties.