Toothpaste is an indispensable part of our monthly shopping list. It is also the key to maintaining good oral health. Yet, not much thought goes into picking the right toothpaste brand. Though there are several different toothpaste brands available in the Indian market, we have to choose carefully. You should not merely go by flashy advertisements or even low prices; rather, one should carefully analyse the ingredients. So we can properly assess whether the said ingredients are conducive to fostering good oral health.
Whether you want to change your regular toothpaste or reap specific benefits such as teeth whitening, you can pick from our list of Top 8 Best Toothpaste in India.
How to Pick the Right Toothpaste Brands?
With so many choices in the market, you might find it hard to pick the right toothpaste brand. Fret not! We have curated a list of all the things to look out for when choosing the right toothpaste brand.
- Ingredients: You must carefully study the ingredients in your toothpaste. This is because there is a chance you might accidentally be ingesting your toothpaste in small quantities every day. Avoid toothpaste brands with ingredients such as triclosan, propylene glycol, formalin, and paraben.
- Specific Concerns: If you have any particular concerns, such as tooth discolouration or sensitivity, then pick a toothpaste that specifically caters to its improvement.
- Price: Toothpaste serves the basic function of cleaning and forming a protective layer for your teeth. So if toothpaste brands with fanciful names are trying to sell you expensive toothpaste, chances are, they are only as good as the basic, affordable ones in the market. However, if the toothpaste claims to address concerns such as sensitivity, then shelling out those extra bucks might be worth it.
8 Best Toothpaste Brands in India
Now that you know everything to remember while choosing a toothpaste, let's look at our list of the top 8 best toothpaste in India.
Quick Overview of the Brands
1. Dabur Meswak
This is one of the most popular products by Dabur and is enhanced with the goodness of the rare Miswak herb, with natural anti-bacterial properties. Further, the herb also promotes teeth whitening. Its minty, naturally sweet flavour is quite an added bonus.
- Astringent action for tightening gums
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory
- Contains beneficial ingredients such as tannins, essential oils, vitamin c, and resins
- Free from fluoride, parabens, triclosan, and formalin
2. Colgate Visible White
Colgate is undoubtedly one of the best toothpaste in India and is trusted by consumers across the nation. If teeth whitening is one of your major oral health concerns, give this toothpaste a go. Colgate is one of the most popular toothpaste brands in India. This product is specially formulated with Silica and Pyrophosphate for fast teeth whitening.
- Entirely vegan and gluten-free
- Certified by the Indian dental association
- Claims to reduce discolouration caused by smoking
3. Sensodyne Toothpaste
Sensodyne is mostly known for clinically formulated oral health products for tooth sensitivity. Sensodyne products have consistently worked to ameliorate the woes of sensitive teeth. However, it's ideal to go for this brand only if you suffer from tooth sensitivity.
- Recommended by dentists
- Available in different variants, including a whitening one
- Helps to maintain gum health
- Reduces plaque build-up
4. Himalaya Complete Care
Himalaya is a brand that is famous for its herbal formulations. This toothpaste is infused with the goodness of Neem, Miswak, and Triphala, three potent herbs for enhanced oral health. So if you are looking for an alternative to toothpaste brands such as Dabur Miswak or Patanjali Dant Kanti, then go for this one.
- Improves gum health
- Claims to provide 12-hour-long germ protection
- Contains Nirgundi prevents bacterial infections
5. Patanjali Dant Kanti Toothpaste
This toothpaste by Patanjali has an Ayurvedic formulation to protect and enhance oral health naturally. Further, it is very affordable and easily available in the market. So if you are planning to switch from your regular toothpaste to a herbal one, you can definitely choose this.
What's so great about it?
- Ayurvedic formulation
- Enhances gum strength
- Prevent plaque formation
6. Dabur Activated Charcol Toothpaste
If you are looking for an affordable alternative to Colgate Visible White, look no further! This toothpaste by Dabur is enhanced with the goodness of charcoal and mint to whiten teeth and remove stains. It also comes in three other variants of neem, clove, and tulsi.
- Free from fluoride, triclosan, and peroxide
- Enriched with herbal ingredients
- Claims to improve teeth discolouration in just one week
- Reduces tea, coffee, and tobacco stains
7. Pepsodent Germicheck
Much like Colgate and Dabur, Pepsodent is one of the most trusted toothpaste brands in India. This classic germ check variant by Pepsodent is clinically proven to improve oral health when used regularly. It also claims to provide many other benefits, such as teeth whitening.
- Anti-bacterial action
- Strengthens enamel
- Fights plaque
- Whitens teeth and removes stains
- Improves gum health
8. Vicco Vajradanti Ayurvedic Toothpaste
Vicco is a brand popularly known for creating natural formulations – whether in skin care or oral health. It is enhanced with the goodness of 18 herbs, proven to improve oral health. Additionally, this product is also cruelty-free.
What's so great about it?
- Entirely natural and vegan
- Improves gum problems such as gingivitis
- The goodness of the herb Vajradanti
Picking a good toothpaste shouldn't be too complicated, so long as you remember our tips! Additionally, explore the different brands by going to the product pages linked above. Whether you are looking to tackle specific dental concerns or want to change your toothpaste, we hope the above list of the best toothpaste in India helps you.
Q. What is an affordable price range for the best toothpaste in India?
Ans. The prices of the toothpaste brands given in this list vary between just Rs. 39/100 grams to Rs. 160/100gm. So you can pick one that fits your budget easily.
Q. What to look for in a good toothpaste?
Ans. Avoid ingredients such as paraben, triclosan, formalin, or propylene glycol. Additionally, you can choose to avoid SLS and fluoride, though these are used in most brands.
Q. What are the top brands of the best toothpaste in India?
Ans. Dabur, Colgate, Sensodyne, Vicco, Patanjali, and Pepsodent are some of the top toothpaste brands in India.
Q. Which is the best toothpaste for sensitivity in India?
Ans. Currently, Sensodyne is the most popular toothpaste for sensitive teeth in India.
Q. Which is the best toothpaste for teeth whitening in India?
Ans. Colgate visible white and Dabur's Charcol activated formulation are the best whitening toothpaste in India.
- Also read