Every woman might agree that nothing can be more uncomfortable than wearing tampons or sanitary pads every month. Besides being unsafe for the ecosystem, sanitary pads and tampons can cause excessive discomfort, rashes, and other skin irritations. This is where the best menstrual cup brands in India come into the picture.
A menstrual cup is one of the most revolutionary products and a more suitable option than sanitary napkins and tampons, given its reusable, dependable, skin-friendly, and eco-friendly properties. Moreover, given their immense prevalence in recent times, many brands have launched their menstrual cup range, making it challenging for women to choose. Keep scrolling below to read a detailed overview of brands selling the best menstrual cups in India.
How to Choose the Best Menstrual Cup in India?
With countless brands introducing menstrual cups in the market daily, you might wonder how to pick that perfect menstrual cup. So to help you, here are some factors to consider when choosing the best menstrual cup brands in India:
- Understand your period flow: The primary factor you need to consider before purchasing a menstrual cup is to know your period flow. And to determine this, you must analyse how often you change your sanitary napkins or tampons. Furthermore, note that many tampon boxes usually have a capacity specified; based on that capacity, you can choose your menstrual cup.
- Always choose the best brand: Since menstrual cups are personal hygiene products meant to be inserted into your body, you must exercise excessive caution and always opt for a good brand. So it is better to choose menstrual cups from reputed brands that use high-quality silicone material for manufacturing these menstrual cups.
- Check the firmness of the menstrual cup: If you are experiencing bladder problems, opting for a menstrual cup with firm rims is strictly not advisable. Doing this will put immense pressure on your bladder walls. On the other hand, if you have a sensitive vaginal opening, you must always choose a soft menstrual cup that will not make your bladder uncomfortable.
5 Best Menstrual Cup Brands in India
Below is a list of leading brands offering the best menstrual cup in India.
1. Pee Safe
Pee Safe, launched by Vikas Bagaria and Srijana Bagaria to increase understanding about safe periods and UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections), is one of the best menstrual cup brands in India. It offers the most sustainable menstrual cups you can reuse for an extended time.
- Made from recyclable and reusable materials that extend upto five years
- Excellent menstrual cup option for beginners
- Help keep odours, rashes, and infections at bay
2. Namyaa Ultra Soft Small Reusable Menstrual Cup
Namyaa Ultra-soft reusable and recyclable menstrual cups are another sustainable and more comfortable option for tampons and sanitary napkins. In addition, this bell-shaped menstrual cup is seamless to use, and you can readily insert it just like a tampon. You can readily carry this product, made with pure medical-grade silicone, for upto 12 hours; being one of the best menstrual cup brands in India.
- Causes no problems like rash, irritation, or discomfort
- Made from 100% high-quality Silicone
- The small cup size is perfect for women with less flow or teenage girls
Safecup is a leading name in the feminine hygiene industry that aims to deliver the most comfortable and best menstrual cups in India. Founded by Akash Tekriwal almost three years ago, the company marketed roughly 75000 menstrual cups in India and is famous for creating environmentally safe menstrual cups and period panties.
- Manufactured with 100% platinum-cured silicone
- Entirely safe and hygienic to use
- Available in various sizes, ranging from medium to small and large
4. Sanfe Reusable Menstrual Cup
Sanfe reusable menstrual cups, created with 100% reusable and stretchy medical-grade silicone, are one of the most comfortable ways to get through your period of distress. Moreover, these Sanfe menstrual cups arrive with a lightweight cotton pouch to guarantee stable airflow and avoid irritation and rashes, being the best menstrual cup brand in India.
- Easily wear for upto 12 hours without any fear of spillage
- Odor-free, no irritation, rash-free and leakproof.
- Helps reduce waste compared to conventional tampons and sanitary pads
5. Sirona Reusable Mensuration Cups
Sirona is yet another best menstrual cup brand taking the female hygiene world by storm. Moreover, this menstrual cup, made with excellent quality silicon, offers a firm-fitting, soft, and super-gentle on the skin. In addition, this menstrual cup is available in different sizes and will unquestionably help make your periods stress-free.
- Created with mild and stretchy silicone material that feels relaxing all day long
- Makes a strong suction that stops any leakage and keeps you dry and stress-free all-day
- Prevents any bacterial and microbe growth, unlike regular tampons or sanitary pads
Over the past few years, the Indian Government has taken all the possible measures to increase awareness of women's health and menstrual hygiene. And the introduction of menstrual cups is one of the most beneficial factors that will play a significant part in this initiative. So if you are looking for a sustainable, safe, and more comfortable alternative to your pads and tampons, it is time to switch to the best menstrual cup brand in India!
Q. Are menstrual cups better than standard tampons and sanitary pads?
Ans. Best menstrual cup brands in India are unquestionably a more sustainable and safer alternative to tampons and sanitary pads. In addition, they hold more leak-absorbing capacity than pads or tampons.
Q. Do menstrual cups hurt the vagina?
Ans. A menstrual cup may trouble your vagina if the cup is not cared for and cleaned correctly.
Q. Which menstrual cup is ideal for beginners?
Ans. The best menstrual cup brand in India for beginners are Pee Safe and Safecup.
Q. How to clean a menstrual cup?
Ans. Ideally, the menstrual cup should be washed and sterilised in boiling to be cleaned. Since the material is silicone, the heat won't damage the product.
- Also read